Home » Blog » Hold Tight With Talking Heads Tribute Band, Start Making Sense
December 11, 2019
Hold Tight With Talking Heads Tribute Band, Start Making Sense
We’ll be burning down the house at River Street Jazz Cafe when Start Making Sense comes to town. On Friday, December 13, the Talking Heads tribute band will take the stage at 10 p.m. The 21 years old and over show will have you partying until you drop.
But before you don your 1980s fashion, let’s take a look at what makes the band so unique.
Though no clear-cut definition of the genre exists, art punk is considered a subset of punk music. According to Revolvy, “These groups generated punk’s aesthetic of being simple, offensive, and free-spirited…In the late 1970s, the term was used as a pejorative for punk bands who were out of step with the genre’s ideologies (i.e. post-punk).”
Many consider this music to be “pretentiously progressive” compared to the other trending genres of the decade.
Start Making Sense: Talking Heads Tribute Band
Building their careers by celebrating the artistry of Talking Heads, Start Making Sense has come together to create a once in a lifetime show, with lead vocals and guitarist Jon Braun as a spot-on David Byrne.
Band members include:
- Jon Fadem: Lead guitar and backing vocals
- Colin Miller: Percussion and backing vocals
- Alex Ayala: Keyboards
- Michael Davidson: Bass
- Jesse Braun: Drums
- Jenny Founds: Backing vocals
- Kathleen Weber: Backing vocals
Talking Heads Fast Facts
- It is rumored that Andy Warhol was an early fan of Talking Heads.
- “Talking Head” is a television term for a person, usually, a newscaster, speaking on camera.
- While at art school in New York, singer David Byrne, in the name of ‘performance art’, once shaved his beard off on stage with only beer for shaving foam and an accordion for accompaniment.
- “Bad Liar,” by Selena Gomez, features a sample from the Talking Heads song “Psycho Killer.” In an interview with Variety, songwriter Justin Tranter says David Byrne, “heard it, loved it and approved it.”
Jump back, sit back, get back, relax.
Join the crowd at the show on Dec. 13 for “Start Making Sense, Talking Heads Tribute.” The doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 10 p.m. Advanced tickets are $15 and $20 day of. You can purchase tickets online at HoldMyTicket. The show is for ages 21 and older.
JOIN US AT THE RIVER STREET JAZZ CAFE!
RESERVE YOUR TICKET for the next show! The River Street Jazz Cafe’s lineup includes all kinds of music, so there is something for everyone. Come early to the show and grab a bite to eat. We have A FULL MENU of small plates, appetizers, drinks, and entrees for you to choose from.