Home » Blog » Get Back With The Beatles Tribute Band, The Taxmen
December 13, 2019
Get Back With The Beatles Tribute Band, The Taxmen
Who doesn’t love the Fab Four? Join River Street Jazz Cafe and those fans who can’t get enough of Beatlemania on Dec. 20 for the Beatles Tribute show, The Taxmen.
Get to know: The Taxmen
The Taxmen are a high energy, NEPA based, five-piece group of musicians. Members include: Anthony Picataggio and Nicholas Montini on guitar and vocals; Ryan Witman rocking to the drums and vocals; Michael Patrick Cadden on keyboard and vocals; and Keith Boone with your bass and vocals.
Playing some of the greatest hits by Billboard’s #1 Artist of All Time, The Taxmen are sure to deliver a show fans will not soon forget.
But let’s take a stroll down Penny Lane, remembering some Beatles highlights.
A brief history of The Beatles
- December 17, 1960- First performance as The Beatles, at the Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool.
- October 1962 – “Love Me Do” reaches number 17 on the British chart.
- February 11, 1963 – “Please Please Me,” The Beatles’ first album, is recorded and completed in one day.
- February 7-22, 1964 – The Beatles tour the United States, breaking TV viewing records on “The Ed Sullivan Show.”
- December 3, 1965 – The Beatles start their final British tour.
- April 1970– The final studio recording occurs with the thirteenth and last album “Let it be.” The album is released on May 8 and the film was premiered in London on May 20.
She (and we) Love You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Not only are The Beatles music legends, but they also changed the social landscape for years to come. Hairstyles and fashion in general gave a nod to the dynamic group with the “mop top” hairstyle which grew in popularity in the mid-1960s.
Their style evolved, too. In the early days, The Beatles wore black and grey suits, keeping it very English. But as the psychedelic period took over, bright colors and patterns, like those of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, became the signature look. The band also popularized Indian-inspired fashion of linen trousers, collarless shirts, and sandals.
Now, all you need is love and little music.
Hey Jude, we’ve got a show for you.
Join the crowd at River Street Jazz Cafe for the show on Dec. 20 for “The Taxmen, The Beatles Tribute.” The doors open at 9 p.m. and the show starts at 9:30 p.m. General admission tickets are $10. You can purchase tickets online at HoldMyTicket. The show is for ages 21 and older.
JOIN US AT THE RIVER STREET JAZZ CAFE!
RESERVE YOUR TICKET for the next show! The River Street Jazz Cafe’s lineup includes all kinds of music, so there is something for everyone. Enjoy our A FULL MENU of small plates, appetizers, drinks, and entrees while you support your favorite musicians or find new ones to love.
Happy Holidays from River Street Jazz Cafe!
Looking to unwind during the hustle and bustle of the holidays? Stop in for great entertainment and grub. Our gift cards also make great presents for anyone on your shopping list.
We look forward to serving you at all of our fine establishments: